First hand visual sighting from ground
Below will be displayed a representation of the sky over which you'll be able to draw what you saw :
- In the "Witness" tab, fill in your contact info. This is not mandatory but will help to get more info from you. You will remain anonymous.
- Setup the start time of your sighting :
- Fill in the date and time fields
- Hit [Return] on a time field. This reset the sighting start time to the time you entered.
- Setup your location :
- Select your country and town. You may also specify latitude and longitude of your sighting directly if you know them.
- Select your orientation by either selecting it in the drop-down list or by adjusting the horizontal scrollbar below the sky representation
- Select the altitude of your sight by adjusting the vertical scrollbar on the left of the sky representation. You can also type it directly in degrees in the associated field area.
- Set the circumstances of your sighting.
- Draw the UFO aspect :
- Select the "Aspect" tab
- Select an primitive shape (round, square, triangular)
- Click the shape on the sky
- You are now able to change
- color of the selected shape by clicking on the color palette area, or adjusting the hue, saturation or brightness scrollbars
- size of the selected shape by selecting and moving of the square handles of the selection
- You can repeat this operation multiple times since 2) to build a more complex representation of the UFO you saw, as composed of multiple shapes, each with their own colors and sizes. These additional shapes may either belong to the same UFO, or another sighting UFO.
- Record the behavior of a UFO :
- Push the "record" red button
- Move the mouse cursor over the sky area : you can see the current UFO moving with your mouse.
- To record the path of the UFO, just drag it, mouse button down, as you saw it moving over the sky.
- Release the mouse button when you want to stop recording.
- To see the recorded scene, either move the time cursor or click the "Play" button.
Usage scenarios/tips :
- multiple UFOs sighted together : record the first UFO path, then rewind to the sighting start using time cursor, then record the second UFO path from this starting time (you'll see the first UFO move during your second recording), and so on
- UFO changing the color/size of its shapes during the sighting : record the UFO path, then, using the time cursor, backtrack to the time where it changed its color. Select the "Aspect" tab then the shape and click the new color at this time. Repeat the operation at the sighting times of your choice. This can also be used to reproduce some kind of blinking behavior (from time to time color changes to red, then blue, then green, then red again, blue again, green again, etc.). The same principle can be used to represent size change behaviors.
- Describing various moments of the sighting : using the time cursor, select a moment of your sighting, then add your comments for that moment in the "description" field of the "Circumstances" tab. Then scroll to another moment, add your other comments in the same field for that other moment, and so on.